Policies and Requirements
Zonta Club of Jefferson City, a member of Zonta International, an international organization of executive women, has instituted a scholarship program to benefit females who have a high school diploma or G.E.D. and who desire to begin or continue a post-high school education or technical training program with the intent of acquiring the skills necessary to enter or advance her status in the workplace.
The recipient shall be a female who will receive benefits under the Scholarship, subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
Recipients shall be chosen by the Club based strictly on the following criteria:
- Must be 24 years of age or older.
- Must be committed to the pursuit of post-high school education and/or training.
- Must demonstrate financial inability to attain further education/training without the Scholarship.
- Must provide a copy of the last two years income tax return (Form 1040).
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must provide high school transcript, GED OR current transcript from current school.
- Must demonstrate personal discipline and perseverance.
- Must complete Club’s current essay requirement: “Why This Scholarship will Give Me A Second Chance,” to be no less than 200 words and no more than 400 words.
- Must provide two letters of recommendation.
- Must provide two references with phone numbers included.
- Must have been accepted into a Missouri college or university degree program or a vocational or training institution located in Missouri.
- Must live, work, or attend college in the Central Missouri area.
Download an application
The Scholarship will include the following:
The monetary dollar amount of this award shall be up to $2,500.00 per semester and may be renewable for the next consecutive semester. This award shall be applied to expenses pertaining to a four-year college degree, associate degree or an accredited vocation/training program, for the payment of costs relating to the recipient’s registration costs, tuition and related expenses for books, lab fees, and other classroom supplies and fees required under the recipient’s school curriculum.
A member of the Club shall be a mentor to the student and will be a liaison between the recipient and the Club.
All of the foregoing amounts shall be payable to the Financial office of the school chosen by the student or to the training program chosen by the student. The funds shall be disbursed solely for the purposes outlined above.
Each recipient, while receiving Scholarship benefits, shall fulfill the following obligations or will lose eligibility for participation in the Scholarship program:
- Must complete a minimum of 9 hours a semester (16 week period) unless having prior approval of Zonta mentor.
- Must submit any changes in writing from one program to another for prior approval of the Club.
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.50 in such post-high school programs.
- Must report to the Club in writing, the status of her educational/training efforts each semester or term.
- Must turn in copy of grades to mentor before receiving funds for the next semester or term.
- Must be committed to the mentor program and be receptive to being contacted.
- Must be free of substance abuse.
- Must have financial status reviewed on a semester basis.